Friday 21 March 2008

Time I shut up.

Well, it’s wrap up time for me. Okay, I am a little disappointed about the level of support I managed to drum up but never the less, I think I made a point, or enough at least to condemn me to the spare room for a couple of nights last week. Never the less, I stand by my proposition that romance is a scam. In summary, this is based on the two things. Firstly, that there is no consistency, no benchmarks for men to measure themselves against and men like to measure themselves (easy!!). A moving target is just too hard to hit and frankly, is always suspicious to me. Secondly ‘romance’ seems to be directly proportional to the benefit (and yes, I think we could substitute money here) that a girl extracts from a particular gesture. This seems to be the complete opposite of what romantics claim; that it’s the thought that counts. It blatantly isn’t. Any way, I’ve said my piece so it’s over to my better half for no doubt a considered response. Watching her sit on her hands chomping at the bit for the last week has been fun but a little cruel. Over to you darling xx

No comments: